Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Learning Style- What's Yours?

How do you Learn? I am a visual, kinesthetic and auditory learner. I learn best by actually doing it myself and not so good from reading a book, as we did in school unless I physically wrote the information down. I also tend to get bored very easily if it's not a topic I'm not particularly interested in or doesn't match my learning style.

Thanks to my friend and business partner, Karen Stavert, I came across a site about learning/teaching styles and learned a bunch, especially about myself. The site gives some great tips for each style and helped me understand myself a bit more about the challenges I have with learning new things and possibly how to be a better teacher and mentor.

It's a great site if you have school aged kids. There's plenty of tips and strategies to make them better students and do better in school.

Suite 101 explains the learning differences in right brained and left brained people that is easy to understand.

Get on over to the Internet Income Lab Tues night for a free Blogging class.

So, how do you learn? What are your learning challenges? maybe together we can develop straegies to help.

Talk to you next time,

Kathy Pop

No comments: